Greetings to the crypto world attendees as well as permanent residents,
DailyCoin flipsider is on the stage!
In today’s digest:
- Influencers soap opera: Elon Musk, Michael Saylor, and Vitalik Buterin
- Altcoin news: XRP, Tether, Chia
- South Korea moving on to crypto
- Ticket NFTs for Dynamo football club next season
- Old-school going further in crypto: Ray Dalio praises
Influencers Going to Influence, Aren’t They?
Yesterday, Elon Musk and Michael Saylor discussed the environmental issue with major Americal Bitcoin miners. After Elon tweeted about this, the price of BTC jumped by almost $2K. On the other hand, Vitalik Buterin criticized Musk’s easy-going and idealistic approach to crypto, saying:
Can you really, as Elon Musk wishes, “speed up block time 10X, increase block size 10X & drop fee 100X” without leading to extreme centralization and compromising the fundamental properties that make a blockchain what it is?
- Public people usually argue at loud. Neither Elon Musk nor Vitalik Buterin is ideal in their decisions. For instance, check these articles: here and here.
Altcoin News: XRP, Tether, Chia
XRP Dropped Under $1, But is Shifting $72 of Coins
Whale Alert DLT platform showed that 84.6 million XRP were shifted by Ripple and major crypto exchanges in the USA and Asia. The coin itself is floating at the $1 level.
Chia Raises $61M But Critics Claim It Destroys SSDs
Chia Network raised $61 million in Series D funding. Previously, Chia was named as a “green Bitcoin.” On the other hand, some sources claim that Chia mining kills discs and storages in just 40 days.
Ticking Bomb Still Ticks
Previously, we highlighted the main issue of Tether – it might become a “ticking time bomb,” as it was said by Vitalik Buterin. It seems that the tendency continues:
BREAKING: $1 Billion $USDT printed out of thin air at the #Tether Treasury! pic.twitter.com/qqeFF0hHkl
— Mr. Whale (@CryptoWhale) May 24, 2021
Kimchi Premium: Bitcoin Prices in South Korea are Higher Again. The Government Takes Steps to Own Digital Currency
For now, the difference between South Korea and the other world for BTC is 8% higher. People named this phenomenon as “Kimchi Premium.” Moreover, South Korea’s central bank is choosing a technology supplier in order to create its own digital currency.
- A month ago, South Korea was threatening crypto. Now, they are changing opinion and joining the digital currencies parade.
Dynamo Kyiv Will Sell Tickets for the Upcoming Events as NFTs
Ukrainian football club announced to launch non-fungible token tickets for the 2021 season. To be precise, 25% of tickets will be sold in NFTs. The leaders of the club believe it to become a technological leader of football in Europe.
- Imagine if Ukrainian billionaires/oligarchs will swell the ranks of crypto bulls? Somebody picked up the concept from Mark Cuban and his Dallas Mavericks.
Old School Meets Crypto: Billionaire Ray Dalio Owns and Praises Bitcoin
The founder of the world’s largest hedge fund revealed that he does not only support and believes in Bitcoin but owns it as well, naming it “better than having bonds.” Furthermore, he mentioned that the “greatest risk of BTC is its success.”
- The old dilemma of old-school meets new-school continues. DailyCoin team already covered this question in this article. Unfortunately, Dalio’s example is an exception to the rule. Most of the old-school investors stay critical regarding Bitcoin.
Join to get the flipside of crypto
Upgrade your inbox and get our DailyCoin editors’ picks 1x a week delivered straight to your inbox.
You can always unsubscribe with just 1 click.
Fusion Media or anyone involved with Fusion Media will not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information including data, quotes, charts and buy/sell signals contained within this website. Please be fully informed regarding the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, it is one of the riskiest investment forms possible.